Me: “Is it weird for me as not-the-bride to do a blog post entirely about your wedding?”
Gab: “You haven’t blogged about my wedding???”
So without further ado I will end my 2014 recap by sharing ten facts about my sister’s wedding:
1. The Bride is from Texas. The Groom from Nebraska. They were married in the Houston temple and the reception was at our friend’s house just around the corner from us in Sugar Land.
2. In a cruel twist of fate, the forecast called for 100% rain. That is not hyperbole. 100% Texas thunderstorm rain. In a much kinder turn of events this rain turned out to be more of a drizzle most of the day and stopped long enough for pictures. Plus my Mom and Grandma managed to assemble all these cute umbrellas.
3. There was no end to the flowers. None.
3. We have the best family and friends in the world. Everyone came out and showered us with love, generosity, and kindness. On top of it all, friends served food, washed dishes, and otherwise helped keep my Mom sane through the planning process.
4. Bridesmaids came from near [Austin, Dallas], Far [Paraguay], and In Between [Utah].
6. The wedding hashtag was #gabbyandderek2014 and we were not afraid to use it.
7. There was so much good food. My favorite thing was probably the mashed potato bar; each serving was dished up in a martini glass. I would show you except when I had time to eat I was so focused on eating that I did not take any pictures.
8. Our friend Yvonne made the cake and it was so delicious there was not a single slice left. We wrapped one piece up for someone to take home and the top layer for the freezer.
9. Their first dance was to “When the Right One Comes Along” by the Striking Matches. Then Gabby danced with my Dad and Derek danced with his Mom to “It Won’t Be Like This for Long” by Darius Rucker. They left their party surrounded by sparklers [A near miracle with all the rain and general drizzliness of the night].10. Gabby and Derek are meant to be. I’m glad my sister has found someone who makes her so happy. It was a wonderful day and Derek is a great addition to our family. I’m grateful I could be a part of their day.
[As you may have guessed I supplemented my photos with some of Gabby’s engagements and bridals. Her photographer was Andra, check her out here.]
Currently: trying a new fitness thing: Boxing classes!