No one does fame quite like pumpkin. No, I am not describing a nonsensical nickname for a reality tv show character you haven’t heard of. I’m talking about the vegetable. It happens every year, but this year pumpkin is especially out of control. Or perhaps, just greedy? I mean, what’s the rest of the cornucopia to do?
In fact, here is an actual list of pumpkin products and/or shenanigans you could accidentally bump into tomorrow:
- The basics: pumpkins, mini pumpkins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, adorable pumpkin patches, etc.
- PSL [aka Pumpkin Spice Latte] [aka the one who got us into this mess]
- Pumpkin Spice Oreos [That for some reason I have not gotten to try yet! :( ]
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Salted Caramels [Trader Joes]
- Actually, everything at Trader Joes
- Pumpkin cream cheese
- Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- 92 % of Pinterest [The other 8% is still Mason Jars]
- Correction: 98% of Pinterest [I just found a whole section of pumpkin mason jar diy crafts]
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Enchiladas … with Caramel Drizzle
- Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk
- Every instagram photo with the hashtag #basicwhitegirls
- Pumpkin Pie Toaster Strudel
- Pumpkin Spice Extra Gum
- Thomas’s Pumpkin Spice English Muffins
- Gluten free – dairy free – soy free – egg free – pumpkin truffles
- Taco Time Pumpkin Empanadas
- Pumpkin Spice Cat Shampoo [For that trendy teen who’s also really into staying home on the weekends with her cat?]
- Chobani Pumpkin Greek Yogurt
- Pumpkin Spice JIF Whips. So basically, this is peanut butter and pumpkin pie spice whipped together. Like that whole peanut butter and jelly in one jar thing. Except Pumpkin.
- NO, REALLY, EVERYTHING AT TRADER JOES
- Harvest Pumpkin Tortilla Chips
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Pringles
- Rossi Pumpkin Spice Fettuccini
- Pumpkin French Toast
Oh and did I mention Sugar House does giant pumpkin boat racing every year?
I don’t know how all those Cotton commercials of famous people dancing around in light, breathable fabrics are working out, but they might want to consider doing whatever pumpkin growers are doing. Because, it is working. We are all drinking the pumpkin spice kool-aid, photographing it, and posting it on instagram. #totespumpkin
Currently: Really fixating on those Pumpkin Spice Oreos actually. They sound like heaven.