What is Liebster? Thankfully my friend Caity did the research, so now I know that “Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging.” Basically, as far as I can tell, it’s kind of a blog chain letter meant to encourage and support bloggers. Caity had excellent timing with sending this my way. I was just thinking I needed to get writing; I couldn’t have asked for better motivation.
- Each person awarded must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has set for them.
- Choose five bloggers to nominate.
- Create 11 more questions for the bloggers they will nominate.
- Let the lucky bloggers know.
Let’s get started, 11 facts about me: 1. I have naturally wavy/curly hair and it took me forever to embrace that. 2. My favorite gameshow is Supermarket Sweep 3. I don’t like ordering the same menu item twice from a restaurant unless it’s Pappasitos. 4. I love cherries and cherry flavoring 5. My favorite color is red 6. I can recite the ham radio alphabet by heart 7. I like to be doing something with my hands while I concentrate. Usually this manifests in massive doodles all over my page margins, but at work for some reason I find myself twisting paperclips into unrecognizable shapes all day long. 8. One day I want to adopt a dog; preferably a pug or a boston terrier 9. I’ll probably never be a morning person, but I’ll always be a breakfast person 10. I have difficulty spelling the word definitely or saying the word statistics quickly 11. I can french braid hair.
And now for a little Q&A:
I’ve decided to nominate:
- Courtney, You Are What You Love
- Emily, Movies and Mayhem (I realize the whole thing may be too mayhem-ish so maybe you could reveal 11 movie related facts about yourself? Like your favorite childhood movie, soundtrack, etc.)
- Sara, Always an Adventure, Always
- Emma, Emma SueAlice, It’s been to long since your great writing has popped up in my feed (or since I’ve seen you for that matter)!
- Gabby, Who Knows, Who Cares. I hope this encourages you to revive your blog or start your new blog!
I hope you have fun with this! My questions for you are:
- If I gave you a plane ticket right now where would you go?
- What is your dream job?
- What is the craziest fashion trend or look you’ve ever tried?
- What was your favorite childhood birthday?
- If you could pick one dish that you could make perfectly every time, what would you choose?
- If you had to pick the life of a fictional character (be they movie/book/tv etc.), who would you be?
- If you could pick any subject to be an expert on what would it be?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? Yes, I stole this from Caity, but I think it’s a good question :)
- What is your favorite thing to do when your stuck home alone?
- What song can you not resist dancing to?
- If you could make a movie what would it be? No need to give a whole plot, just give us a title, lead actors, and tagline, and we can fill in the blanks.
Currently: Indulging in SNL clips and fruit snacks